We will not be opening the application process this year. (Updated 2.15.2023) We hope to build next year when we are able to find more volunteers.
Family Partner Selection:
The selection of our Family Partners is based on several criteria including need, ability to pay, and willingness to partner. Additionally, applicants must be residents of Portage County, WI.
These are just basic guidelines and example. The actual criteria are much more in depth.
Need: Examples of need criteria are:
- Income between 30% and 60% of the Portage County Median Income
- Overcrowded living conditions,
- Substandard living conditions,
- Paying more than a certain percentage of monthly income for housing.
Ability to Pay: Examples of ability to pay include:
- Monthly income level at least at established minimum,
- Debt must not be excessive,
- Consistent payment history.
Willingness to Partner: Examples of willingness to partner are:
- Agreement to complete sweat equity requirement ,
- Agreement to attend homeowner workshops,
- Agreement to stay in communication with the Family Nurturing volunteers.
- Agreement to assist in promoting the Habitat mission and ministry.
If you any questions about the application process please contact us and one of our volunteers will reach out to you.
Central Wisconsin Habitat for Humanity will not discriminate against any person in the sale, rental, advertising or financing of housing, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin; nor will Central Wisconsin Habitat for Humanity discriminate against any applicant, with respect to any aspect of a credit transaction, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex or marital status, age (provided the applicant is old enough to enter into a contract), source of income (such as public assistance) or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the federal consumer credit laws.